Super busy here on tight deadlines and extreme lack of sleep. A few thoughts though:
There is not one right path for everybody.
It’s good to questions things.
The answer is not always black and white.
If you set out to please everybody, you’ll fail miserably.
Sharing is good.
It’s a little bit uncomfortable to contemplate the advice and comments from total strangers, but if you’re open to it, you might learn something about yourself.
If all else fails, do a booty dance.
We are Jenna & Mark, a designer and a pastry chef living in Brooklyn and parents of two little girls. We are also owners of Whimsy & Spice, a Brooklyn confectionery. Sweet Fine Day is a visual journal of 2 self employed entrepreneurs juggling family life in NYC.
shop whimsy & spice
Shop our Etsy store
Shop prints & posters
- art + design
- baked goods
- dining out
- growing up half
- happy purchases
- random quotes
- sweets & desserts
- the biz
- The Mixed Race Project
- we ate this
some favorite posts
- Eat. Pay. Leave.
- That feeling. Can we feel it again?
- NYC Stories Part 2
- NYC Stories Part 1
- Parenting, working, juggling...
- When You're the Breadwinner
- Who needs Tiger Mom...
- Defining success & contentment
- Look inside. What do you see?
- The Lakehouse
- Nostalgic for Seattle
- The Pier
- Neither One, or the Other
- Little Ladies Who Lunch
- A Gamble, Then Freedom
- Wigs, Father's Day...
- This is the Brooklyn We live in
- Scenes From the Kitchen
- The epicenter of NYC hell
- Storm King in the Fall
- 8 Years
- Can I get a hey, can I get a ho...
- City of ghosts, city of memories
- girly nails mean so much more...
- I'm not a weatherman, I'm a baker
- Back to the 80s/90s...
The Mixed Race Project
I occasionally link to products using affiliate links. I get a small commission if you purchase something from that link and this helps cover hosting costs. You can read more about why I started using affiliate links here.