a free week

April 22, 2012 |  Category:   life

I’m finding myself with a rare week where the timing is such that I have nothing on my agenda yet (update: hahaaa. free week derailed by work!). This kind of no work leisure time is much different than the just-finished-my-big-project-now-what panic attack because I’m just in a waiting pattern for client feedback, so there is a lot more work on the horizon. Which is to say that this kind of leisure time is the best kind of free time because you’re spared the self inflicted anxiety of having to worry about the next gig. So I slept about 11 hours last night because I’m now sick (figures). This week is supposed to be a lot cooler and rainier than it’s been in awhile and that is good because we need the rain and I can cocoon myself inside without any guilt.

I’m looking forward to a week of crossing things off my list, taking care of business stuff and planning things before the year gets away from us. I was thinking today while resting in bed (I was actually bored) that we really do need to live a little more. Being so responsible and so careful with our money really is so boring all the time. Instead of automatically thinking, no we can’t afford that, I’d like to think instead, how can we make that work?

• Sara Jensen April 22, 2012 at 6:39 pm

YES. Make it work.

• Seema Raj April 22, 2012 at 7:28 pm

definitely a great way to think – more positive, and definitely inspires you to do the most with what you have.

• The Perfect Model April 22, 2012 at 10:01 pm

I am riding the same wave of thoughts…

• Marie Hansen April 23, 2012 at 12:18 am

Aren’t tulips wonderful!! Enjoy your leisure hours – maybe you don’t feel so well because your body is telling you to rest a bit!!
    Have a great day. Marie :-)

• Melissa@Julia's Bookbag April 23, 2012 at 12:33 am

So with you. Feel better!

• Pink Ronnie April 23, 2012 at 12:48 am

“How can we make that work?” I like that.
    I’m glad you have the chance to rest and hopefully get better soon.
    Loving the bright tulips. They’re tulips, right? I almost never see them from the top down like that, so not 100% sure.
    Ronnie xo

• mette / ungt blod April 23, 2012 at 4:14 am

sounds wonderful -even if you are sick. I am that spot where there is no way to take a night of. where there is no way to get all the sleep you need. I envy you :)

• Gracie April 23, 2012 at 6:20 am

That is a good idea. The bit about making it work.

• bronwyn April 23, 2012 at 11:44 am

A whole week off! How nice. Hope you feel better and enjoy the time. And I’m with everyone else, I like “how can I make this work?” Will have to remember that.

• Hyun April 23, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I hear you about being careful with money and limiting yourself. I would love to hear how you make it work. Lovely flowers.

• Loren April 23, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I just had to comment that this photo is stunning. Please consider adding it to your Etsy shop! Feel better soon.

• Mrs D April 23, 2012 at 11:50 pm

I’m with Loren above – your photo is absolutely gorgeous. I said ‘wow’ as soon as the page opened. Lovely!

Make it work, lady! You and Mark work so hard that it would be wonderful to reward yourselves.

Feel better!

• Stephanie @ Blawsom April 24, 2012 at 8:33 am

I like this new thinking pattern :) Donald Trump… or maybe it was Robert Kiyosaki *???*… once said that successful people never say ‘I can’t have this or that’… but rather ‘how can I have this or that?’ I am awful at quoting people… but that’s the gist of what I read :)

• annaK April 25, 2012 at 8:04 pm

i love “free” time when the ball is in the client’s court. It gives me the time to catch up on all things neglected like admin work(most procrastinated duties when your self employed), gardening, back tracking on unchecked checklists, lunch w/ friends, etc.